Below we have collected some helpful resources put together by our faculty that you might find helpful as you read, think, and write durring your time at MACC and beyond.
- Rhetoric, Writing, and Communication with Purpose by Professor Mike Barrett - This guidebook chapter covers most aspects of the writing process and is the perfect place to start when writing your papers.
- Specific Writing Issues
- When to use Apostrophes by Professor Jill Mackey
- Titles--Italics or Quotation Marks?by Professor Jill Mackey
- Mackey’s Maxim: Answering the “So, What?” Question by Professor Jill Mackey
- Citation Resources - Roundup of resources to help you use citations in your papers, covers APA, MLA, and Chicago styles.
- Email Tips - A collection of do's and don"ts related to emailing your professor
- Critical Thinking by Professor Mike Barrett - This guidebook chapter introduces the Telos Critical Thinking model used in several MACC classes. The Telos model of critical thinking uses recursive thinking to creatively solve problems.